I’m David - a registered dietitian and lover of all things endurance. A soccer player of 12 years, running stole my heart my junior year of high school. I quit soccer much to my father’s, and therefore my coach’s, dismay to run cross country. I was terrible, but there was something about running that I came to love - the humid mornings of Florida, the comradery, and the constant need to embrace the suck. It was that feeling, the feeling of being humbled everyday and the feeling of seeing what my body was capable of, that made me a runner for life.
Over the years, I’ve run a multitude of 5Ks, 10Ks, and half marathons and dabbled a bit in cycling and swimming. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it’s pretty easy to convince me to do just about anything athletic related, so I'll be completing my first marathon in June 2022 and my first Half Ironman in October 2022.
My passion for nutrition came into the picture around the same time I started running cross country. With soccer, I could (and would) eat half a dozen honey BBQ boneless wings, potato wedges, and 1-2 donuts from the Walmart hot bar before my games and perform with no problem at all. Turns out that made me REALLY embrace the suck with cross country. I knew I had to make a change, so I started playing around with my diet. Let me tell you, I felt SO much better once I had my nutrition in check. So much so that I became a bit obsessive about what I was eating. It wasn’t until my graduate program that I realized there’s a balance between being anal about food and actually enjoying all that life has to offer because food isn’t just fuel - it’s birthdays, memories, and more, am I right?
I started noticing that many endurance athletes around me hadn’t hit that point yet - they were either really enjoying life or missing out on good food way too often. And I could see that in their performance. Turns out that being too far on either end of the spectrum can be detrimental in its own way, so I started helping people find their happy medium and I knew I found my calling. I knew I wanted to help endurance athletes take their performance to the next level through individualized, flexible nutrition, so I started my own business and here we are!
My Education & Experience
- PhD in Nutrition, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - In Progress
- Master of Public Health in Nutrition with Registered Dietitian Training, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science, The University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, The University of South Florida
- Nutrition Writer, Student Athlete Nutrition
- Former Olympic Sports Nutrition Intern, UNC Chapel Hill Athletics
- Former Director of Nutrition, USF Performance and Physique Enhancement Laboratory
- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist, North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition
- Dietitian Nutrition Coach, Dietitian Nutrition Coaching Certification
- Member, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
How I Can Help
I'm not selling you a one and done nutrition program. We both know those aren't successful. I'm here to be your coach - that means working together to create lasting success in your life. My goal is not only to help you create that success, but to give you the knowledge and skills you need to feel confident in achieving your long-term goals. I want you to graduate from this program knowing your investment was worthwhile - that is a promise I stand by.