This semester, I picked up a new habit that I’m very passionate about…reading! This may shock those of you that are avid bookworms, but I’ve never been much of a reader. I’m more of the “I’ll watch the movie” kind of person. That is until I began reading, slowly but surely, motivational and entrepreneurial books every morning, and it has done wonders for me. But, that is a topic for another time. Today, I want to share a quote with you that I came across in my current read, High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard…
“You are only as strong and extraordinary as you give yourself a reason to be.” ~ Brendon Burchard
In modern times, we expect everything to be given to us. As students, we expect direction, assistance, and dedication from professors. As working professionals, we expect leadership and guidance from our bosses. All of this is fine and dandy until we face the type of adversity and tribulation that only we can solve. Then, we become lost. It’s here that so many of us, myself included, give up. It’s in these moments that we are called to be strong and extraordinary, but we forget how. We forget to give ourselves a reason to persevere, and we lose sight of our ultimate goal. We lose sight of our purpose. Always keep your purpose in the back of your mind. If you don’t know what it is, take some time to find it. Remind yourself why you do what you do and use that drive to be strong and extraordinary in times of hardship. You’ll face the world with a new fire and grow in ways you never imagined 🙂
And sometimes, treating yourself in these situations helps a little too! I always turn to chocolate when I need a little comfort, so when I saw this Double Chocolate Mug Cake, I knew I had to share it! It may not be the healthiest food in the world, but what the heck. It’s the holidays, am I right? 🙂
Microwave Mug Double Chocolate Brownie
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk, coffee or water
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth in a small bowl.
- Add the oil, milk, and chocolate chips. Mix until thick and stiff and pour into a greased microwave-safe cup, mug or ramekin.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes for a gooey brownie, or 2 1/2 minutes for a well-done brownie.
- Toppings: vanilla ice cream!!
Here’s the link to the recipe: https://weelicious.com/2015/05/18/microwave-mug-double-chocolate-brownie-recipe/